Tucker Dorsey is a 47 year old married father and businessman whose love and commitment to Baldwin County date back to the early 90’s.
A native of Atlanta, Dorsey started working at age 15 for a small, locally owned grocery store. Working through college in commercial and residential real estate, Dorsey graduated in 1989 from the University of Georgia, earning a BBA from the university’s prestigious Terry College of Business. After college, Tucker Dorsey began his professional career with Bellsouth in their executive training program, managing a production shift. He started a homebuilding company focusing on building quality homes marketed to first time homebuyers.
Tucker Dorsey moved to Baldwin County, Alabama in 1994 and continued building homes and developing residential and light commercial real estate. For the last 18 years, Dorsey managed the largest residential development entity in Southwest Alabama developing more than 4500 lots and managing over $100 million in assets and the challenges that came with the declining economy of 2008.
In 2010, Tucker was called to serve his community by running for the County Commission. Since being elected, Dorsey and the commission changed direction and made significant changes.
- Improved management efficiencies by cutting recurring expenses while improving customer service.
- Expanded and diversified tourism.
- Finished construction of the Baldwin Beach Express to I-10, and engineered to I-65.
- Purchased the South Alabama Megasite while saving $30M in financing costs.
- Passed legislation preventing development of wind farms in Baldwin County.
- Updated Building Codes improving structure and energy efficiency, Subdivision Regulations improving drainage, Strategic Plan bringing vision, Comprehensive Plan preserving Baldwin County’s character and preserving property rights, Employee Handbook setting expectations and reducing liability.
Tucker is married to Susan, who grew up on St. Simons Island, Georgia, and they have a seven year-old son, Cyrus, who aspires to someday be an engineer or fighter pilot, but that is subject to change- frequently. The Dorsey’s are active members of 3Circle Church, and Tucker serves on the Alabama Republican Party Executive Committee, Baldwin County Republican Party, Leadership Alabama Class 24 and region board member, ACCA Legislative Committee, on NACo Finance and Inter-Governmental Affairs Steering Committee. A hunter, Tucker is also a certified racecar instructor, avid snow skier, and an accomplished photographer.